The EXE installers for DameWare NTU and DameWare MRC include a command-line option to extract the contents of the installer so you can use just the MSI file, or repackage it if you want.
Note: If you run the MSI installers in unattended mode - using Group Policy, for example - ensure the target systems have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed first.
To extract the contents of the EXE installers:
- Open a Command Prompt.
- Change directories to the folder that contains the EXE file.
- Enter the EXE filename, followed by
-out targetFolder, where targetFolder is the folder into which you want to extract the MSI installer. For example, enter
damewarentu-v8.0.exe -out c:\temp.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the target folder to find the MSI file.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to use the MSI file to install onto a computer with User Account Control (UAC) enabled, run the installer as Administrator to avoid a known complication with the MSI installer:
- Right-click the installer file.
- Select Run as administrator.
- If necessary, enter the appropriate credentials.