When you use NTU to connect to any Windows computer with User Account Control (UAC) enabled, Windows denies you access to administrative functions such as viewing or editing disk drives, services, or the registry. This issue is directly related to UAC, and cannot be resolved in the NTU program.
For additional information, see the following Microsoft knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951016.
To gain remote access to administrative features on computers with UAC enabled, complete the following procedure.
- Connect to the remote computer using Remote Control > RDP View in NTU, or Windows Remote Desktop.
- On the remote computer, open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > policies, and then select system.
- Add the DWORD Value, LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy: Click Edit > New > DWORD Value, and then enter
- Assign the DWORD a value of 1:
- Select the new value, and then click Edit > Modify.
- Select Decimal.
- Click OK.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Disconnect from the RDP View or Remote Desktop session.
The next time you connect to the remote computer with an administrative account using NTU, you will be able to access the administrative functions on the remote computer.